Upon his graduation from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1992, Brad Frago served as a law clerk in the Eighth Judicial District for the Honorable John J. Weyrens. In 1995, he joined a family law firm as an associate attorney. Brad opened W. Bradley Frago, P.A. (now Frago & Lasswell, P.A.) in Northfield, Minnesota in May 2001. His law practice is limited to family law. He is a Rule 114 qualified neutral, has a family law mediation practice, and conducts Financial Early Neutral Evaluations (FENE) and Social (Custody) Early Neutral Evaluations (SENE) Moderated Settlement Conferences.
Brad is married to Michelle Lasswell and they have two children. In his spare time, Brad enjoys amateur radio, aviation, camping, fishing, traveling, weather and spending time with his family.
- University of Minnesota Law School — J.D., cum laude, 1992
- Carleton College B.A. — cum laude, 1988
- Admitted to Minnesota Bar — 1992
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section — Past Chair
- Rice County Bar Association — Past President
- Minnesota Collaborative Law Institute Board of Directors — Past Member
- Faribault Airport Youth Aviation Center — Past Board Member
- Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Civil Air Patrol Squadron, Stanton Airport — Officer
- Northfield Rotary Club— Youth Protection Officer & Counselor for Foreign Exchange Students
- Faribault Noon Exchange Club — President
- Airfest, Inc. — Past Board Member
- Northfield Cub Scout Pack 344— Past Den Leader and Cubmaster
After graduating with honors from Drake University Law School in Des Moines in 1994, Michelle Lasswell worked as a law clerk in the Eighth Judicial District for the Honorable Randall J. Slieter for two years. In 1996, she opened the Law Office of Michelle M. Lasswell in Faribault, where she practiced family law, in addition to working as a part-time public defender for the Third Judicial District. In 1997, she took a position as an attorney in the compliance department of the Life Company at Federated Insurance in Owatonna. She joined Brad Frago at Frago & Lasswell, P.A. in January 2002. Her law practice is limited to family law. She is a qualified neutral under Rule 114, and has a private family law mediation practice.
Michelle is married to Brad Frago and they have two children. She has regularly volunteered at her children’s schools and church, and has served on the board of numerous community organizations. In her spare time, Michelle enjoys writing, traveling, walking, gardening and spending time with her family and friends.
- Drake University Law School — J.D. with honors , 1994
- College of St. Benedict — B.A.
Admissions & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association — Member, Family Law Section
- Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota — Member
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals — Member
- Rice County Bar Association — Member
- Community Action Center of Northfield — Board Member, 2018-Present
- Northfield Rotary Club — Past President, Current Member and Counselor for Rotary Youth Exchange Students
- Rotary District 5960 — Past Board Member, 2017-18
- Northfield Soccer Association — Past Board Member
- Fairbault Airport Youth Aviation Center — Past Board Member
- HOPE Center (WomanSafe Center) — Past Board Member
- College of St. Benedict — Past Board Member of Alumnae Association
- Open Door Nursery School — Past Board Member
- Rotary NorthStar Youth Exchange — Board Member, 2019-Present